Novel Coronavirus Update
For over 123 years, the vibrant well-being of our community, customers and employees have been the upmost importance to The Peoples Bank. Over these many years, our community has encountered and successfully overcome many challenges including natural disasters and economic adversities.
Today we are confronting a very serious challenge, the novel coronavirus or COVID-19. We are closely monitoring this situation in addition to informational advisories from the national Center of Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), and our state and local health agencies. We have taken proactive steps recommended by the CDC to help prevent exposure to COVID-19.
Below are several CDC recommendations to help prevent exposure to and the spread of COVID-19:
- Clean your hands often – wash your hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap & water are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth & nose when you cough or sneeze. Cough or sneeze into a tissue & then throw it away; use your arm or sleeve to cover your mouth & nose if you don’t have a tissue.
- Social distancing – to help prevent being exposed to illness, close contact with another person should be about 6 feet away from you.
- If you’re sick, stay home
- Additional preventive information is available at the following link: CDC Prevention Steps
For the safety and welfare of our customers and employees, all branches and offices of The Peoples Bank have implemented preventive steps to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19. For your banking needs, The Peoples Bank has 18 convenient locations (Branch and ATM) locations, you can also utilize our mobile banking app (Peoples Green 2 Go) or login/enroll to our Online Banking service (Online Banking). For additional information please visit our website www.thepeoples.com or contact us at (228) 435-5511 for further assistance.