Full Time Teller Bay St. Louis
Full-Time Teller Job Opening
Job Opening Posted on: 10/08/2013
Location Bay St. Louis, MS
Bank Contact Name: Jackie Henson
Job Description: Teller
Under general supervisor and in line with established policies and procedures, provides a wide variety of service functions, including checking, savings and loan transactions, cashing checks, selling money orders, cashierís checks, travelerís checks. Processes mail, cross-sells services, etc. Responsible for balancing each dayís transactions and verifying cash totals.
Duties & Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Is accountable for representing the bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner, and for providing, prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing transactions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit to checking and savings accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, and enters transactions into bank records via an on-line teller terminal.
- Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, and so forth to determine their negotiability.
- Receives payments for such loans as mortgage, and installment.
- Cross-train in drive-in, vault, balancing ATM and other job related duties as assigned.
- Balance drawer daily
- Follow all bank policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of various federal regulations and the tellerís role and responsibilities relating to each act.