The Peoples Bank Card Guardian
The Peoples Bank Card Guardian service is a new anti-fraud alert program for our debit card customers. With this service, customers will receive text message alerts on their mobile device to help prevent potential fraudulent activity. Customers can reply to text message alerts to report unauthorized transactions, which the Bank will then investigate.
Features & Benefits
- Two-way text communication (data charges may apply, check with your cellular service provider)
- Can enroll up to ten mobile devices
- Manage when text message alerts are sent
- One year enrollment period
- All major phone carriers supported
Any debit card issued by The Peoples Bank is eligible for enrollment. To enroll in this beneficial service simply click the "Sign Up" link below the Enrollment Instructions.
- Submit your debit card number and you will then be prompted to provide your zip code and the last 4-digits of your social security number.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- To enroll a mobile device, go to the Device / Create Device tab.
- Enter the mobile device’s 10-digit phone number and click Submit.
- Text the required information to 27576.
Click here to Sign Up or RE-REGISTER your NEW CHIP CARD!
The following types of transactions will generate a text message alert.
- International Transactions
- Fuel Transactions
- Authorizations Greater than $200
- 5 or More Transactions in 24-Hours
- Card unavailable (card not present)
- Out of State Transactions
When a debit card purchase meets the monitoring criteria defined above, a text message alert will be sent to you for review. If the purchase is legitimate, no action is required by you. If you think this transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately as instructed. At this point, a Card Guardian Fraud Analyst will block the card and contact you by phone. This added layer of security identifies potential fraudulent activity immediately, which significantly reduces the likelihood of future unauthorized transactions. If you do not reply to the text message alert within 12-hours, the transaction is considered legitimate and no further action is required.